Written by Patrick C. Connor Jr.
Many of you have asked questions about when Mage Wars® will be arriving in your specific country or region. We are so happy to hear that Mage Wars® has fans all over the world, and we could not be more excited to get you copies of the game to play in a timely and cost effective manner! To make it easier for you to find the information that you need in one place, we have compiled our most up-to-date information on international shipping. Please let us know if you have any further questions and we will get you answers. Click read more below to get the full scoop on our International Release!
Is Mage Wars® coming to my country?
Mage Wars® is releasing to ten countries outside of the U.S. They are:
We are currently in talks with the distributors of several other nations and we will try to keep this list as up to date as possible.
Note: If your country was not listed above, you can help make sure the game arrives in your country by asking your local game or hobby store to order Mage Wars®! Your retailer, or their distributor, can send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
When will Mage Wars® arrive in my country?
Releasing a game internationally is a very complex process that makes this question difficult to answer. Please trust that we are working as hard as possible to ensure that Mage Wars® arrives in every store in a timely manner. There are several links in the international shipping chain, and they are as follows:
- Freight Forwarding: International distribution companies generally retain the services of a U.S. freight forwarder for all products that are sold by the U.S. This is a U.S. shipping service that gathers product from the publisher or manufacturer. After that, the shipment is entirely in the hands of the distributor. We are shipping to international freight forwarders by Friday, September 7, 2012. These shipments should arrive within a week.
- After the shipment has reached the freight forwarder, each country’s distributor makes their own arrangements to get the game to their country. This could take 3-5 weeks by sea.
- Once the shipment reaches port, it may then have to do through customs or a regulatory office. Depending on each individual country’s regulations, this can take a few days or longer.
- Once the shipment is cleared, it is then shipped to the fulfillment/distribution center. Depending on how far away this is, it could be another week.
- Finally, once the fulfillment/distribution center has the game, it is shipped out to the local retailers. Again, this takes a few days or a week, depending on the shipping speed.
Our sincere hope is that our current international orders will arrive at retailers in October. Distributors that order after September 7, 2012 may not reach foreign retailers until November.